XP Values and Principles
The original is at http://www.extremeprogramming.org/values.html and is best read there. Following list is maintained for my convenience.
- Communication: Everyone is part of the team and we communicate face to face daily.
- Simplicity: We will do what is needed and asked for, but no more.
- Feedback: We will take every iteration commitment seriously by delivering working software
- Courage: We will tell the truth about progress and estimates.
- Respect: Everyone gives and feels the respect they deserve as a valued team member.
- Humanity: Its all about people
- Economics: Someone needs to understand the budget
- Mutual benefit: Win-win for all
- Self similarity: The pattern of a monthly cycle is the same as a weekly cycle and the same as a daily cycle.
- Improvement: You are always getting better having done the best you know how to today.
- Diversity: The Wisdom of the Crowds
- Reflection: Be aware of what is working, and what is not
- Flow: Constant delivery means a continuous flow of development work
- Opportunity: Problems are a chance to learn something new
- Redundancy: Having redundancy helps improve quality
- Failure: It’s OK to try things that don’t work.
- Quality: To go fast you have to go slow.
- Baby steps: Take small steps in the right direction.
/home/hpsamios/hanssamios.com/dokuwiki/data/pages/xp_values_and_principles.txt · Last modified: 2020/06/04 08:11 by hans