Sometimes you just need a couple of slogans to catch on in an organization to really drive an idea. Here are some slogans that have worked in various transformations.
- Start with 'why'
- Go and see
- No demo, no numbers
- Ship it, dont' WIP it
- Continuous flow; continuous dough
- Stop starting, start finishing
- Right to left, top to bottom
- Diversity trumps ability
- Focus on the problem not the people
- Don't treasure what you measure
- Treat defects as evidence of missing tests
- Pair programming is pair thinking, not pair typing
- Assume variability, preserve options
- Scope doesn't creep. Understanding grows
- You can't scale crappy code
- Intergration points control product development
- Develop on a cadence; deliver (release) on demand
- Lead people; manage things
- Nail it before you scale it
- Value is rare, extreme and obvious in retrospect
- Never mistake motion for action
- 'Yes' is easier to say; 'No' is easier to do
- Be quick but don't hurry
- No one has to change; survival is optional
- Its better to prepare and prevent than to repair and repent
- We never have time to do it right but we always have time to do it twice
- Don't trade uncertain earliness with certain lateness
- Don’t move information to authority; move authority to the information.
- Respect the ceremony
- Zero failure is a failure
- Stop controlling people; start controlling value delivered
- Don’t begin if you’re not all in
- Disagree, then commit
- Absolutely #noabsolutes
- What, so what, now what
- Don't inspect and forget!
- Delivering value to the customer takes priority over delivering features
- Persistence beats resistance
- Dependencies mean delays (or risk)
- The answer is SAFe; now what was the question?
- Improved DX (developer experience) means improved CX (customer experience)!
- The longer things take, the longer they will take
- Have we done enough for now for this product or service?
And my personal motto:
- Constant pressure, gently applied
/home/hpsamios/hanssamios.com/dokuwiki/data/pages/pithy_slogans.txt · Last modified: 2022/09/10 04:45 by hans