What Tips Do You Have To Help Develop the Definition of Ready?
Here are some tips and tricks to help you develop your Definition of Ready practice:
- The Product Owner should work with the Agile Team to establish their initial Definition of Ready. This should be a collaborative effort.
- The Backlog Refinement event is the main event to work stories to Definition of Ready
- Think about creating a Ready (sub-)state on your Team Kanban board to reduce the amount of time you revisit items as part of refinement and visually see that there is sufficient backlog for the Team.
- Define your exit criteria for the step before commitment to work based on your Definition of Ready
- Ensure Teams and Product Owner regularly discuss their Definition of Ready. After all, this is a working agreement aimed at improving the flow of value and so will need revision as things change.
- Use time-boxes to limit how much time is spent collaborating on a Story, and treat items with lots of unknowns as “homework”. For example, perhaps set up a Spike (Enabler) story if there is requirements or implementation uncertainty, and bring results back to the next Iteration Planning or Backlog Refinement event.
/home/hpsamios/hanssamios.com/dokuwiki/data/pages/what_tips_do_you_have_to_help_develop_the_definition_of_ready.txt · Last modified: 2020/12/17 13:24 by hans